100 Best Sales and Marketing Ideas 2012 (31-40)
What’s working from working advisors
Our Annual 100 Best List is 100 percent reader-generated and offers insight into what’s working for working advisors today. Whether you’re looking for insight on referrals, generating leads or simply listening to your clients, this latest list has all the information you’ll need to grow your practice. In addition, this year will feature additional information and exclusive video content at LifeHealthPro.com/100SalesIdeas. There, you can get additional tips and valuable information to help you succeed. Enjoy!
31. Love Thy Senior. I tell all my senior clients to pick a plan that will take them through their golden years. As they get older the medical expense will rise and they need a plan that will take care of those expenses so they won’t have to worry they do not have the appropriate coverage. I love my seniors and I want to protect them. Laurie Lacey
32. Triple P. Prospect where you pay, where you play, and where you pray. Lloyd Lofton
33. Send Internet Auto Responders. Send them to your website, keeping your prospects and clients connected and up to date through a company newsletter. Freddie Natal Jr.
34. Centers of Influence. I get referrals from COIs (Centers of Influence). I try to identify those people in my community that have a lot of influence on my boomer target market. I build a relationship with those people. Paula Q. Wallace
35. The Golden Rule. Take excellent care to service your clients because you never know who they will refer to you. Believe that what goes around comes around. Glenn Miller
36. Free Prize. Invite clients to bring friends to a fun function such as an outing at a driving range or putting contest at a local golf club. Offer a free prize or two, such as gift cards or iPod shuffle. Make a short informative presentation on principal protection and income-tax-advantaged products and you’re sure to make a few new friends and clients. Michael Ham
37. Consistent and Diversified Marketing. Make sure you are tapping into multiple types of media to attract prospects. Mike Gattorna
38. The Old-Fashioned Way. My best sales idea is to conduct my appointments the old-fashioned way. No computers, no cell phones—just paperwork and personal interaction. Keith Hanson
39. Attract Traffic and New Leads. We use the following advertising methods to generate interest: radio, events/seminars, word of mouth, sponsorships of local organizations (local softball teams, bowling teams, charity events), direct mail, email, referrals, print advertising, webinars, etc. to capture leads. Janette Gleason
40. The More the Merrier. When presenting to seniors, I always ask that another member of the family be there. Carson Ervin