Why People Buy Annuities

LIMRA annuity researcher says surveyshows clients are anxious about income and need a financial plan before buying. Selling life insurance might seem to be more art than science. Sure, successful sales systems have their tested components derived from experimentation, but when it comes down to it, it’s the artful salesperson who usually closes the deal. … Continue reading

Combo Products Still on the Rise

Consumers continue to be receptive to combination products, which is good news for a senior population in serious need of long-term care insurance coverage. LIMRA announced June 17 that new premium sales of individual life combo products — also called hybrid or linked benefit products — jumped an impressive 62% in 2010, reaching $1.2 billion. … Continue reading

2011 Life Insurance Market Study: Blue Skies Ahead?

SG_StandingHead_sky_spread

The verdict is in: Life insurance agents have rediscovered their sales touch here in 2011 and, along with it, a cautious sense of optimism. Indeed, according to findings from Agent’s Sales Journal’s 2011 Life Insurance Market Study, business for life insurance agents during the last 12 months has started to rebound and looks bright for … Continue reading

Reach Young Consumers on the Net and on the Job

Last year, LIMRA released its findings from a 2010 life insurance ownership study.  According to the study, 70 percent of U.S. households have some type of life insurance, leaving 30 percent of households without the safety net that life insurance offers…see below for article or read online